The other day I went down to Microcenter to pick up a Ubiquiti Unifi Switch 8 150 PoE Switch for a Teams Voice series that is coming up. This Unifi PoE Switch Unboxing video goes through the contents of the box looking at all the goodies you get.
Unifi PoE Switch 8 Unboxing YouTube Video
Check out the video. I apologize for the quality the camera kept on refocusing during the recording.
The UniFi Switch 8 PoE (Power over Ethernet) is a network switch produced by Ubiquiti Networks, designed to provide power and connectivity for network devices in a small to medium-sized business or home network. Here is a summary of what is typically included in the UniFi Switch 8 PoE box and its basic features:
Included in the Box:
- UniFi Switch 8 PoE: The central component, which is an 8-port network switch.
- Power Cord: A power cord to connect the switch to an electrical outlet.
- Rack-Mount Brackets (Optional): Depending on the model, it may include rack-mount brackets for mounting the switch in a server rack.
- Quick Start Guide: Documentation to help you set up and configure the switch.
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The switch typically includes eight Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can be used to connect various devices such as computers, IP cameras, access points, and more.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): This switch supports PoE. Which means it can provide both data connectivity and power to compatible devices over the Ethernet cables. PoE is commonly used for devices like IP phones, IP cameras, and wireless access points, eliminating the need for separate power adapters.
- Managed Switch: The UniFi Switch 8 PoE is a managed switch, which means it offers advanced networking features like VLAN support, QoS (Quality of Service) settings, and port mirroring. It can be configured and managed through the UniFi Controller software, providing centralized control and monitoring of your network.
- Fanless Design: Many models of the UniFi Switch 8 PoE have a fanless design. Which makes them silent in operation and suitable for deployment in quiet environments such as offices or homes.
- Compact Form Factor: It typically comes in a compact form factor, making it suitable for desktop or wall-mount installations, in addition to rack-mount options for server racks.
- Energy-Efficient: These switches often incorporate energy-saving features to reduce power consumption when network ports are not in use.
- Scalability: The UniFi ecosystem allows you to expand your network by adding more UniFi switches, access points, and other devices easily. All managed from a single interface.
- Security: The switch offers security features like port security, storm control, and DHCP snooping to enhance network security.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS settings allow you to prioritize network traffic. Ensuring that critical applications get the necessary bandwidth and latency.
- Remote Management: You can manage and monitor the switch remotely through the UniFi Controller software. Which provides centralized configuration and reporting capabilities.
Overall, the UniFi Switch 8 PoE is a versatile and feature-rich network switch suitable for small to medium-sized networks, offering PoE support, manageability, and scalability within the UniFi ecosystem.
This video is one of the first unboxing video I’ve created for the YouTube channel to see how I want to develop the channel. I’m also testing out different styles and equipment for recording videos for YouTube. I apologize for the growing pains on YouTube.
Don’t forget to check out my other networking posts.